Borodin Quartet - 70th Anniversary Celebration
October 13, 2015
Ehnes Quartet - Beethoven String Quartets
November 16, 2015
Roberto Diaz with the Brentano Quartet
December 15, 2015
Stephen Hough with FIU Symphony Orchestra
January 15, 2016
Benjamin Grosvenor - Chopin, Liszt and more
January 17, 2016
February 11 & 13 & 14, 2016
MET tenor Paul Appleby with Ken Noda, piano
March 13, 2016
Nikolai Lugansky – Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, & more
March 21, 2016
Note From The PresidentTo celebrate our 60th season, Friends of Chamber Music (FOCM) is proud to announce that some of the world's greatest instrumentalists are coming to celebrate with us - with special emphasis on Beethoven. The season will offer:
- The Borodin Quartet, Russia's famous quartet (celebrating its 70th anniversary), will play an all Russian program
- World renowned violinist and Grammy Award winner James Ehnes will bring his Ehnes Quartet for a program of Beethoven Quartets
- Stephen Hough, England's most famous pianist, returns to Miami to play Beethoven's Emperor Concerto and Liszt's Piano Concerto No. 1 with James Judd conducting the FIU Orchestra.
- Benjamin Grosvenor, the brilliant 22 year old pianist chosen as artist of the year in England, will play a solo recital.
- The Kalichstein Laredo Robinson will play the complete Beethoven Piano Trios in three evenings.
- Metropolitan Opera tenor sensation Paul Appleby will perform with pianist Ken Noda.
- Spectacular Russian pianist Nikolai Lugansky will play a program of Beethoven, Albeniz and Rachmaninoff.
- Roberto Diaz will join The Brentano Quartet in viola quartets.
Now is the perfect time to become a subscriber to attend some of the finest concerts, and of course outstanding chamber music, that you can't find anywhere else in South Florida. I look forward to your joining us for a season of great performers playing great music.
Friends of Chamber Music of Miami
EducationPerformers on the Friends of Chamber Music series provide a wealth of educational opportunities for South Florida musicians of all ages.
These include master classes and lessons given to musicians from the University of Miami, Florida International University, Miami-Dade County public schools, and the New World School of the Arts, among other organizations.
We regularly encourage South Florida music teachers to invite their students to our events as our guest, so that they can enjoy the experience of hearing the world’s finest chamber musicians in South Florida’s most intimate concert hall environments.