Tuesday September 27, 2016 - 8:00pm
Monday October 17, 2016 - 8:00pm
Michelle Bradley with Ken Noda
Saturday November 5th, 2016 - 8:00pm
Thursday January 5, 2017 - 8:00pm
Tuesday January 24, 2017 - 8:00pm
Tuesday February 7, 2017 - 8:00pm
Thursday February 16, 2017 - 8:00pm
Borodin Quartet With Joseph Kalichstein
Tuesday February 21 & Thursday February 23, 2017 - 8:00pm
Esther Yoo With Robert Koenig & Alex Fiterstein
Tuesday May 23, 2017 - 8:00pm
Note From The PresidentTo celebrate our 61th season, Friends of Chamber Music (FOCM) is proud to announce that some of the world's greatest instrumentalists will be sharing their talents with us.
The season will offer:
- The Stephen Hough, England's most famous pianist playing Schubert, Franck, Liszt, and his ownSonata III "Trinitas"
- Denis Kozhukhin playing Handel, Brahms, Weber (Sonata No. 3,) and Albeniz.
- Michelle Bradley, a rising star of the Metropolitan Opera, appearing with Ken Noda
- The Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson Trio performing Brahms, Mendelssohn, and the South Florida debut of Ellen Zwillich's Pas de Troi
- Kirill Gerstein playing Liszt's monumental Transcendental Etudes and Brahms’ Sonata No. 2
- The Ehnes Quartet continues its Beethoven Cycle
- Benjamin Grosvenor performing Schumann, Beethoven, Mozart, Scriabin, Granados, and Liszt.
- The Borodin Quartet, Russia's most famous quartet, in two concerts in which they will be joined byJoseph Kalichstein performing quintets of Schumann and Dvorak on separate nights
- Violinist Esther Yoo, youngest Prizewinner of the 10th International Sibelius Competition at age 16 in 2010, will make her Florida debut with pianist Robert Koenig in works of Mendelssohn, Debussy, Glazunov, and Tchaikovsky, before being joined by Alex Fiterstein for the Khachaturian Clarinet Trio.
Now is the perfect time to become a subscriber to hear some of the world’s finest musicians, and of course outstanding chamber music, that you can't find anywhere else in South Florida. I look forward to your joining us for a season of great performers playing great music.
Friends of Chamber Music of Miami
EducationPerformers on the Friends of Chamber Music series provide a wealth of educational opportunities for South Florida musicians of all ages.
These include master classes and lessons given to musicians from the University of Miami, Florida International University, Miami-Dade County public schools, and the New World School of the Arts, among other organizations.
We regularly encourage South Florida music teachers to invite their students to our events as our guest, so that they can enjoy the experience of hearing the world’s finest chamber musicians in South Florida’s most intimate concert hall environments.